To help keep long-term care residents safe during the pandemic, families are currently restricted from visiting their loved ones in long-term care. While this strategy is necessary, it can contribute to feelings of fear, frustration, sadness, and isolation. Families are facing an unprecedented situation and we know that you need support. We are here to help.
Please join our Virtual Family Forum created by Family Councils Ontario to share your concerns, brainstorm ideas for maintaining a connection with residents during the visitor restriction, ask FCO staff questions about the COVID-19 situation and how it is impacting LTC, and give and receive support from your peers.
The discussion will be driven by family members with facilitation by an FCO staff person. The first round of virtual forums will take place on the following days and times:
- Thursday, March 26th, 2-3 pm (note: the virtual family forum replaces the Leadership Models webinar originally scheduled for this time).
- Tuesday, March 31st, 7-8 pm
- Thursday, April 2nd, 10:30-11:30 am
- April 8 2-3 pm and 7-8 pm in English
- April 9 11 am-12 pm in French
- April 14 1-2 pm and 7-8 pm in English
- April 15 11 am-12 pm French
More dates and times will be added as the COVID-19 pandemic continues. Stay tuned for notice of additional forums.
Please note that each session is limited to 25 participants, so please register for only 1 session.
After you register, you will receive more information about how you can join the group for these discussions either by phone or on your personal computer.
If you want to connect with us one-on-one, you can continue to do so by phone and email. We’re here for you.